If you live in the Mansfield Woodhouse Area and would like to start a new and rewarding role in helping your local community then a role as a support worker could be just right for you.
Main Purpose of the Job
To visit vulnerable adults living in the community, providing low level support to enable them to sustain independent living, improve their quality of life, and provide them with access to services.
- To identify support tasks and devise support plans for service users, and to review the support regularly (at least every three months) in order to maintain a user-centred, flexible support plan for every service user.
- To follow support work procedures.
- To help service users access all other local services that are of assistance to them.
- To assist service users in attaining their goals, and ensuring that there are outcomes to their support.
- To ensure the health and safety of the service user.
- To help service users develop the skills to look after themselves with regard to healthy eating, budgeting, life-skills, and developing interests.
- To assist service users in becoming engaged socially, with their peers, and with their communities, and to help access appropriate facilities such as doctors, local colleges, self-help groups, etc.
- To liaise with workers in other organisations when necessary.
- To assist service users to maintain and stabilise their accommodation whether they be private or tenancies, and understand basic rights and responsibilities of their housing.
- To take part in meetings to allocate new service users.
- To assist service users take responsibility for their own health and safety.
- To undertake risk assessments where necessary.
- To participate in Jigsaw Team Meetings when asked to do so.
- To ensure good time management at all times.
- To bring any community information discovered during the course of support working back to the Jigsaw team and the Jigsaw directory.
- To assist and cover for colleagues when absent.
- To communicate effectively with all employees, Committee Members, volunteers and members of the public.
- To report equipment faults to your supervisor.
- To make viable recommendations to improve job performance.
- To adhere to Jigsaw policies and procedures.
- To ensure the working environment is tidy at all times to maintain Health & Safety standards.
- To assist with personal care and any other needs required
- To dress in the correct Jigsaw uniform and wear full PPE including lanyards.
- To be aware of and follow fire procedures.
- To attend any training identified.
- To contribute to the continual improvement of Quality Systems.